Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Conflict resolution

Good morning! My computer has a virus so I am attempting to post by using my phone..... I really wanted to write this morning!
Anyway, I'm experiencing the ' coming out of conflict and healing'...... Friends, this recent event has been just terrible and I wondered how I was going to recover if I was going to at all. I have been praying and either God if being quiet our I'm not listening hard enough...... Regardless I know that forgiveness always is what He wants especially among believers! So as I was pondering how I was going to forgive and move on God have me a special reminder....For those if you who know me well, you know of my deep love of amish fiction! One book that I read there was a young lady struggling to forgive but really wanted to because she knew it would please God......her bishop told her this, "How would you behave towards this person if you had forgiven them?" She responded with," I would smile at them, talk with them, be happy to see them." To this the bishop said,"Then do that. Act like you forgive u them and eventually your emotions will catch up."
I happen to think this if amazing advice. When we behave in a Godly fashion I think it hurries our emotions along as well! So friends, here's to acting Godly and trusting Him to make my emotions catch up!

Joyfully,
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that I always EVENTUALLY forgive, however, it usually takes me a lot longer than it should. :/ I have literally taken YEARS to forgive for a couple of things in my life, and it has always been to my own disadvantage in the long run. I'm really happy that the Lord has helped me to do this a little bit quicker, however, I must confess that I'm not always on top of it like I'd like to be still! :D Thanks for sharing! Hope all works out ok! :D--S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it has taken me sooo long to respond! It is working out...slowly but surely...God is FAITHFUL ALL the time and I know that this is a time of growing and intimacy with the Lord if I will let it be! :)

    ReplyDelete